Having a household comes with many added responsibilities, and an individual must ensure that everything is in order and the best environment for their family members and themselves is provided. Termites and pests include problems that sometimes emerge and require immediate attention. It is advised to hire a good pest control service with experience and knowledge in this area. Manhattan Pest Control Services is the best in this service and has been known in the market for years. They offer all kinds of pest control, termite control, and other such services and ensure that their clients do not have to go through any problems whatsoever. Other details about the packages and added services in each one have been mentioned on the website and can be accessed by individuals easily.
What are some of the myths?
Some of the most common myths when it comes to pest control are the following:
- People can get rid of rats with peppermint oil: It is only a temporary solution, and rats tend to lurk around other areas in this case because they do not like the smell of peppermint, which is strong and distinctive, so they hide and come back after some time.
- Bed bug hotspots should be spruced with baking soda: Applying the baking technologies usually does not have a positive outcome in bed bug management. Baking soda results in dehydration of bed bugs and sucks all the fluid on their shell that causes internal bleeding, but it is not proven good if it encounters water found in almost every household. So, the control ratio is questionable.
- Placing mothball bags to prevent the presence of cockroaches: The pungent smell and the toxic gases released from the balls tend to repel not just the pests but individuals as well. They should be avoided as they are flammable and can be harmful for inhalation due to the toxic vapors that come out.
- Hanging, reflective and shiny discs can chase down houseflies: Several food joints hang these discs to chase houseflies to confuse their vision and ensure that they are unable to approach the food, but the flies have sufficient capabilities to overcome all these obstacles. It tends to become an ineffective effort to chase them away.
- A termite colony can be controlled with orange oil: It is a common pest myth applied by many individuals. The killing ingredient in orange oil, also called D-limonene, has not been proven to control termites and pests responsively. Besides, there is a greater chance that they attract cockroaches, flies, and ants rather than dealing with the problem of termites. Thus, termite control is essential and requires a professional and reliable method to cure it to avoid damage.
Not only these, but many other myths must be busted before it is too late, and the pest’s rule over the house of an individual. It is always good to hire Manhattan Pest Control Services to take over the matter and provide a safe household to individuals.